The purpose of this Privacy Notice is to summarize the ways in which the owner of this Site, Clear Link Technologies, LLC (“Clearlink”, the “Site”, “We”, “Us”), collects, maintains, and uses information about you (“You”, “Your”). Please feel free to contact Us by email at email@example.com or by mail at Clear Link Technologies, LLC Privacy Department, 5202 W. Douglas Corrigan Way, Salt Lake City, Utah 84116 with any questions or concerns about this Privacy Notice or the information We gather about You.
How We Collect Your Information
Information We Collect
We collect various types of Customer Information. A summary of the types of information that We collect is set forth below:
- Customer Contact Information. Your Customer Contact Information is any information needed to contact You and fulfill Your orders and requests such as Your name, address, phone number, fax number, and email address.
- Private Customer Information. Private Customer Information is that information that may be necessary to check credit and process payments. Such information includes Your Social Security Number, credit card information, and banking and wiring information.
- Customer Order Information. Customer Order Information is that information necessary to complete Your orders and requests for information. Such information may include Your Customer Contact Information, programming and packaging selections, Your billing and shipping information, as well as other details pertaining to Your order of products and services through us.
- Demographic Information. Demographic Information is publicly available information that We may learn about You regarding such things as Your age, income, home ownership, household size, etc. that helps Us to provide You with better offers for products and services.
- Website Usage Information. Website Usage Information is information that We collect, via anonymous third-party cookies, that tells Us about the way You use and navigate through our websites.
Cookies We use
We use the following cookies on this Website:
- user-input cookies – cookies used to keep track of a user’s input. For example, the completion of a multi-page form, or a shopping basket on an e-commerce website.
- authentication cookies – cookies used to identify a user once he has logged in to a website. But cookies used to “remember me” to avoid the need to log in for future visits are not considered “essential.”
- user-centric security cookies – for example, cookies used to detect the number of failed logins to a service specifically requested by a user.
- multimedia player session cookies – cookies used to store technical information (for example network speed, quality and buffering) needed to play video or audio content requested by the user. This might include Flash cookies.
- load-balancing session cookies used to manage server load balancing. This would fall within the first bullet above (the transmission of a communication).
- UI customization cookies – cookies used to remember preferences specifically set by a user (for example, language or display preferences set using a button or tick box) and not linked to other data such as the user’s username.
- social media content sharing cookies – cookies used by social media plug-ins to identify users that are logged in to social media networks and which are used to enable them to share content using that social media network. These cookies should only persist for so long as the user is logged in or until they close their browser.
- social plug-in tracking cookies – cookies used to track the activity of logged-in users of social networks (for example, for the purposes of targeted advertising, or analytics, etc.).
- third party advertising – cookies used for third party advertising (that is, advertising served by a domain outside the website in question).
- first-party analytics –first-party Analytics cookies (for example, those used for Google Analytics) are not essential and therefore require consent.
Categories of Cookies We use
The cookies We use fall into the following categories:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of this Website.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow Us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around this Website when they are using it. This helps Us to improve the way this Website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize You when You return to this Website. This enables Us to personalize our content for You, greet You by name and remember Your preferences (for example, Your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record Your visit to this Website, the pages You have visited and the links You have followed. We will use this information to make this Website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to Your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
Third-Party Cookies. In addition to the cookies listed above, We also use third-party cookies for performance and functional purposes, to provide additional functionality and to make it easier for You to share content on this Website. These are cookies that are set by a third party when You access this Website and controlled by that third party.
Accepting and rejecting cookies
We implemented a variety of encryption and security technologies and procedures to protect information stored in our computer systems from unauthorized access. We also maintain procedural safeguards that restrict access to Your Customer Information to employees (or people working on our behalf and under confidentiality agreements) who need to know Your Customer Information to provide the products and services that You request.
Additional PCI Requirement as a Service Provider.
We acknowledge to our customers that We are responsible for the security of cardholder data We possess or otherwise store, process, or transmit on behalf of the customer, or to the extent that We could impact the security of the customer’s cardholder data environment.
Use and sharing of Customer Information
All Your Customer Information is used in an effort to process Your orders and requests and to provide You with the products and services You desire. We may share Your Customer Information with third parties to complete Your purchases of products and services as described below. In addition, Your Customer Information may be used and shared in an effort to present to You other special offers and promotions that may become available. The extent to which We use and share Your Customer Information depends upon the nature of and purpose for which We use and share it. A summary of how We share Your Customer Information with third parties is set forth as follows:
- With Third-Party Product and Service Providers. We share Your Customer Information, as needed, to the third parties who provide the products and services You request. We frequently act as a third-party marketer and seller of various brand name products and services, and We provide these companies with the information necessary to carry out Your orders. How these companies use Your Customer Information, once We have passed it on to them, is governed by their respective privacy policies and procedures.
- With Third-Party Advertisers. Although We never share Your Private Customer Information with any third parties, except with the Third-Party Product and Service Providers described above, We may share other types of Your Customer Information with third-party advertisers who are able to use that information to provide You with special offers or promotions. The ways in which such advertisers may subsequently use Your Customer Information is governed by their own privacy policies and procedures. You may opt out from having Us share Your Customer Information with third-party advertisers by following the steps in the next section. Additionally, We may share information with third parties for the purpose of preventing fraud and scams.
- With Third-Party Cookies. We allow third parties to collect anonymous information when You visit our website and to use that information to serve ads for our products or services when You visit the other websites. These third parties may use anonymous information (e.g., navigational, non-personally identifiable information, click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over, etc.) during Your visits to our website to provide advertisements about our goods and services likely to be of interest to You. These parties may use a cookie or a third-party web beacon, or other technologies, to collect this information.
Opt-out and Data Subject Access Request Procedures
You may opt out of further communications from Us and request access to or deletion of Your data through the following methods:
- Email Promotions. To opt out from receiving further email communications from Us regarding other offers and promotions, You may email Us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Clear Link Technologies, LLC, Privacy Department, 5202 W. Douglas Corrigan Way, Salt Lake City, Utah 84116. Additionally, You may opt out by visiting the website at http://clearlink.com/unsubscribe.
- Data Subject Access Request. To manage Your cookies preferences or submit a data subject access request, please click to use our DSAR Request Portal, call this toll-free number (877) 698-0218, email Us at email@example.com, or write to Clear Link Technologies, LLC, Privacy Department, 5202 W. Douglas Corrigan Way, Salt Lake City, Utah 84116.
- Third-Party Cookies. To opt out of anonymous third-party advertising cookies, visit the Network Advertising Initiative website, click here.
Changes to This Privacy Notice
We will update this Privacy Notice from time to time to reflect changes in our business. If We change how We use Your Customer Information or the purposes or entities for and to which We disclose Customer Information We will include such updates within our Privacy Notice.
Access to information
Should You have any questions about the Customer Information We have about You or to access Your information that We have on file, You may email Us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Clear Link Technologies, LLC, Attn: Privacy Department, 5202 W. Douglas Corrigan Way, Salt Lake City, Utah 84116. We may ask You to pay an administrative fee for accessing or copying Your information but will inform You of the anticipated charges and confirm that You want Us to proceed before processing Your request. If You believe that the Customer Information about You that We have collected is incomplete or inaccurate, We will correct the information upon verification of the omission or error and that the person requesting the change is the person about whom the Customer Information relates.
If You Are a Resident of California or Delaware
If You are a California or Delaware resident, in addition to the rights set forth above, You have the right to request information from Us regarding the manner in which We share certain categories of Your Customer Information with third parties, for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. California and Delaware law provides that You have the right to submit a request to Us at the designated address and receive the following information:
1. The categories of information We disclosed to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year.
2. The names and addresses of third parties that received such information.
3. If the nature of a third party’s business cannot be reasonably determined from the third party’s name, examples of the products or services marketed.
4. You are entitled to receive a copy of this information in a standardized format and the information will not be specific to You individually. Our designated email address for such requests is email@example.com.
If You are a Purchaser in Washington State
Washington State requires that sales or use tax is due on certain purchases. The seller may or may not collect and remit retail sales tax on a purchase. Washington state requires the purchaser to file a use tax return if retail sales tax is not assessed at the time of a taxable sale. If the seller to whom the purchaser is referred does not collect retail sales tax on a subsequent purchase, the seller may be required to provide information to the purchaser and the department about the potential sales or use tax liability.
This notice is provided under the requirements of L. 2017 Section 205(3). For additional information regarding whether and how to remit sales or use tax consumers may visit the Washington State Department of Revenue website at https://dor.wa.gov/.
TERM AND CONDITIONS
The contents of this Site, such as text, graphics, images, and other content (the “Site Material”) are protected by copyright under United States law. These Terms and Conditions do not grant You any license whatsoever to the Site Material. We authorize You to view and download a single copy of the Site Material for Your non-commercial personal use. Unauthorized use of the Site Material violates copyright and other laws. You agree to retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the original Site Material on any copy of such material. Except as expressly provided herein, You may not sell or modify our Site Material or reproduce, display, distribute, or otherwise use the Site Material in any way for any public or commercial purpose. Use of the Site Material on any other site or in a networked environment is prohibited. We retain all intellectual property rights in the Site Material.
The names, marks and logos appearing on the Site are, unless otherwise noted, trademarks owned by or licensed to Clearlink. Your use of these marks, except as provided in these Terms and Conditions, is strictly prohibited. From time to time, We make fair use in this Site of trademarks owned and used by third parties. We make no claim to ownership of those marks.
We welcome Your reviews and comments. However, You acknowledge that if You send Us any reviews, comments, suggestions, ideas, notes, concepts or other information, (collectively, the “Information”), You grant Us the irrevocable, perpetual right to use, alter, publish or delete the Information for any purpose whatsoever without compensation to You or the provider of the Information. Notwithstanding, We disclaim all liability for reviews and comments posted by users on the Site. As a user of this Site, You are responsible for Your own communications. Therefore, do not do any of the following things:
- transmit to Us material that is copyrighted, unless You are the copyright owner or have the permission of the copyright owner;
- send material that reveals trade secrets, unless You own them or have the permission of the owner;
- send material that infringes on any other intellectual property rights of others or on the privacy or publicity rights of others;
- send material that is obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, hateful, or embarrassing to another user or any other person or entity;
- intentionally or unintentionally violate or encourage conduct that would violate any local, state, or federal law;
- attempt to breach the security of the Site;
- send advertisements or solicitations of business;
- send chain letters or pyramid schemes; or
- impersonate another person.
We reserve the right to expel You and to prevent You further access to this Site for violating these Terms and Conditions terms or the law. The violation of any of these Terms and Conditions shall result in the immediate revocation of Your right to access or use the Site or Site Material and obligates You to immediately destroy any copies of the Site Material in Your possession. The customer reviews You see on this Site are the result of direct feedback from former or current home services customers. We do not pay customers for reviews. If they participate, reviewers may have the opportunity to enter various contests to be randomly selected as a winner. We do not reward reviewers based on whether their written analysis is positive or negative. Rather, We publish full and complete reviews from individuals without alteration except to remove personally identifying information. We may elect not to publish reviews that contain inappropriate or irrelevant content. We are not responsible for any of the reviews or comments posted on this Site. We do not share the opinions, views, or commentary of any testimonials on this Site, which are strictly the views of the reviewer.
Product and Service Rankings
The Site offers a forum, which includes a product and service ranking (“Rankings”), where You may access recommendations of products and services by the Site. The information in our Rankings is provided strictly as a source of information for You and is provided merely as a convenience. It represents our opinion and analysis based on subjective/ objective criteria. It is recommended that You do Your own research and investigation before engaging services with any company regardless of their listing. You agree to not hold Clearlink, its members, managers, officers, directors, employees, or affiliates (collectively “Partners”) liable for any statements, representations, errors or omissions, descriptions, comments, or opinions posted on the Site. By developing and posting such Rankings, We make no representation or warranties as to the accuracy or factual basis of the Rankings. In compliance with federal law, all price quotes displayed on the Rankings are updated on at least a weekly basis. However, our evaluation process is a continued development; We may experiment with new processes for our evaluations and add or remove specific elements at any time. Clearlink is a private company and is not affiliated with any government or non-profit organizations. We receive compensation from several of the companies which it ranks. Advice, graphics, information, and images contained on this Site are presented for general educational and informational purposes. They are not intended to be legal or other expert advice, recommendations, or services. The information contained on this Site should not be considered exhaustive and should not be used in place of consultation with qualified professionals to meet Your individual needs. You assume the entire risk as to the accuracy, adequacy, completeness, currency, validity and quality of any information provided on this Site. While the information and recommendations contained on this Site have been compiled from sources believed to be reliable, Clearlink makes no guarantee as to, and assumes no responsibility for, the correctness, sufficiency, or completeness of any such information or recommendations. We have no control over and do not warrant in any way that prices, taxes, products or descriptions provided by sellers, service providers, or other third parties, or any other content on this Site is accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free. We do not have any responsibility for, or liability related to, any products and services listed on this Site. You should direct any questions, complaints or claims related to any product or service to the appropriate seller or provider. We are not responsible or liable for any decisions or actions You take or authorize third parties to take on Your behalf based on information You receive as a user of the Site. Any information on the Site can change without notice.
Limitation of Liability
CLEARLINK DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE WILL OPERATE ERROR-FREE OR THAT THE SITE AND ITS SERVER ARE FREE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL MATERIAL. IF YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR THE SITE MATERIAL RESULTS IN ANY COSTS OR EXPENSES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE NEED FOR SERVICING OR REPLACING EQUIPMENT OR DATA, CLEARLINK SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE COSTS OR EXPENSES. THIS SITE AND ITS MATERIAL ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AT YOUR OWN RISK” BASIS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. CLEARLINK, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES’ RIGHTS. WE STRIVE TO PROVIDE THOROUGH AND ACCURATE MATERIALS ON ITS SITE. WE MAKE NO WARRANTIES ABOUT THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS, OR TIMELINESS OF THE MATERIAL, SERVICES, SOFTWARE, TEXT, GRAPHICS, AND LINKS.
Disclaimer of Consequential Damages
IN NO EVENT SHALL CLEARLINK, ITS AFFILIATES, OR ANY THIRD PARTIES MENTIONED ON THE SITE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LOST DATA OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) RESULTING FROM THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE MATERIAL, ADVICE, GUIDANCE, OR SERVICES ON THIS SITE OR SITES LINKED TO THIS SITE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT WE ARE ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
This Site contains links to sites owned by third parties. These links are provided solely as a convenience to You and are not an endorsement by this Site of the contents on those other sites. We are not responsible for the content of any linked sites and makes no representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such sites. If You decide to visit any third-party sites using links from this Site, You do so at Your own risk. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for Us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
By using this Site, You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Clearlink and its Partners from and against any and all losses, claims, damages, costs and expenses (including reasonable legal and accounting fees) that We may become obligated to pay arising or resulting from Your use of the Site Material or Your breach of these Terms and Conditions. We reserve the right to assume or participate, at Your expense, in the investigation, settlement and defense of any such action or claim.
ANY PROVISION OF THIS AGREEMENT THAT IS PROHIBITED OR UNENFORCEABLE IN ANY JURISDICTION SHALL, AS TO SUCH JURISDICTION, BE INEFFECTIVE TO THE EXTENT OF SUCH PROHIBITION OR UNENFORCEABILITY WITHOUT INVALIDATING THE REMAINING PROVISIONS HEREOF, AND ANY SUCH PROHIBITION OR UNENFORCEABILITY IN ANY JURISDICTION SHALL NOT INVALIDATE OR RENDER UNENFORCEABLE SUCH PROVISION IN ANY OTHER JURISDICTION.
TELEMARKETING AND EMAIL CONSENT
These Terms and Conditions are governed by the substantive laws of the State of Utah, without respect to its conflict of laws principles. If any provision is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions, which shall remain in full force and effect. No waiver of any of these Terms and Conditions shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term. Except as expressly provided elsewhere in our Site, these Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between You and Us with respect to Your use of this Site.
BINDING ARBITRATION, CLASS ACTION WAIVER
IMPORTANT! TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THIS AGREEMENT PROVIDES THAT ALL DISPUTES BETWEEN YOU AND US WILL BE RESOLVED BY BINDING ARBITRATION AND NOT IN COURT OR BY JURY TRIAL. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, YOU GIVE UP YOUR RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE AS A CLASS REPRESENTATIVE OR CLASS MEMBER ON ANY CLASS CLAIM YOU MAY HAVE AGAINST US INCLUDING ANY RIGHT TO CLASS ARBITRATION OR ANY CONSOLIDATION OF INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATIONS.
Last Updated: July 2, 2020